Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Not so good, and it's only MONDAY. (1 Viewer)

I do believe this may be the kind of week that makes you want to run sobbing into the woods with a toddler-sized shovel, dig a hole about three feet in diameter, curl up inside it, and die with much coughing of pus and bleeding from the mouth.

By the way, I was wondering if you know of any traditional personifications of Death (like the Grim Reaper or Japanese Shinigami) that are female. I'm particularly interested in death as a bride or lover. I've hunted around a bit, but all I've found are Giltinė, Pesta, and Śmierac. They are all portrayed as old, ugly hags, I believe, which means they aren't applicable to what I want. I've been searching for a beautiful, possibly lusting Death. Possibly someone who will read this has stumbled across one.

Potty

WF Veterans
The wife is the first thing that springs to mind. Other than that the only other thing I can come up with is a succubus. A demon that is summoned and feeds off the lusts of her summoner and eventually drains him of life. Does this help at all?

Last edited:
Oh... nothing really bad happened, it was just one of those depressing days, foggy and full of bugs, that contained an air of perpetual boredom.

And thanks for your help! I'll look into that!

Ha ha about the wife. Let me guess you have one who does not appreciate your creative genius and is filling you with the desire to bang your head against an electrified fence. And/or is a succubus.

Last edited:

blyish

I do believe this may be the kind of week that makes you want to run sobbing into the woods with a toddler-sized shovel, dig a hole about three feet in diameter, curl up inside it, and die with much coughing of pus and bleeding from the mouth.

That actually sounds like a great setup for a short story :) Sorry your week didn't start well. I've had those too!

Cefor

WF Veterans
Try Neil Gaiman's graphic novels The Sandman because Death is portrayed as a female in that. Unfortunately, she didn't feature prominently in the first of the multiple novels and I've only read that one... so I don't know how lusty she is. In fact, she's only in the last story of the novel. You would have to research them a bit more to see which ones she's in more.

Anyway, give them a shot... he's a great writer and they're illustrated superbly.

Have a better week, this week!