Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Not another newbie! (1 Viewer)

Balrog

Okay, I'm not so good at introductions so hang with me here.

I'm a 40 year old fellow who loves to read, doodle, and write. I've got tons of experience at reading and doodling, but the writing is something new. I've always wanted to do it, but never got around to it until recently. At the moment I'm working on an online serial novel entitled Plague which is being sponsored by graveside tales. It's a Dark Fantasy novel.

I am also married with four kids ranging in ages from 13 to 3, and I work as an instrument technician/computer programmer in Texas. For a hobby, other than the stuff I mentioned above, I like riding my motorcycle.

Hmmmm...I think that just about covers it.

Yeah, that pretty well covers all the bases. Not much to tell really.

Glad to be here and looking forward to reading some posts and doing a little posting myself.

Balrog

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :alien:

Hey Kody! Glad to see a face I recognize...other than the one on that post I've been following. :twisted:

Elysia19

Hey Balrog!

Im glad to hear you are giving writing a shot! Feel free to ask for help if you need it, just drop me a line. You'll find that the Writing Forums are really easy to navigate, and the people here are really great and very open to critisism/ willing to spend time looking over your work.

Im looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Balrog

Thanks for the welcome and advice offer, Elysia19!

What sort of stories do you write?

I actually love fantasy novels, but I've had fun writing in the horror genre so far. I've had a couple of stories publish in Twisted Dreams Magazine, I've got one that should be out in Fried! Fast Food, Slow Deaths, and the online novel I'm working on. If you want to take a shot at my Dark Fantasy story I will send you the link to Plague, mixing my two favorite genres.

I actually started off doing illustrations for RPG gaming books, until a fellow at Permuted Press, a horror publisher, was looking for some illustrations for a zombie book. I hadn't done anything like that before, no scary or gross illustrations, so I figured I would give it a shot. Everyone like my illustrations and I actually did better there than in the fantasy genre. Well, I got to know some of the authors and just decided to try my hand at it and so far it has been a blast. I still love fantasy stuff, but I've been more successful in the horror genre. I haven't figured it out yet.

I would love to write stuff like Terry Brooks. I think he is my favorite modern day author.

Well, that was probably more than you cared to know!

Sorry about the long reply. I really do appreciate the the advice offer and I might take you up on it one day, but I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

Thanks again,
~Bret

Users who are viewing this thread