Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Not another introduction... (1 Viewer)

Windsor Fernsby

Hi, fellas. Call me Ishmael Windsor.
In addition to writing, I have a passion for cartoons, and I often try to combine the two to take advantage of all the benefits that they have. I love visual and literary elements equally.

I “self-published“ my first book when I was 5. It was a direct ripoff of the Gingerbread Man, except the main character was a bagel with arms and legs. My parents were the unlucky dogs who had to read it.

Now that I’m older, I’ve been trying hard to make more unique stories, but I still take inspiration from fairy tale elements occasionally. I‘m a big fan of fantasy, graphic novels, mysteries, and humorous satires.

I love writing descriptions and vivid character personalities. My weaker points are linking all my ideas together cohesively.

For grammar beliefs, you only need to know one thing:
I am an advocate of the Oxford Comma.

Sincerely yours,
W. Fernsby

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
My weaker points are linking all my ideas together cohesively.

You are not alone ...
There was once a discussion on WF about the Oxford Comma. It went on for months and had over 3000 comments. Fascinating stuff.

Joking aside. Welcome to our creative community, Windsor. We are a friendly and supportive group with a collective sense of humour. Chillax and enjoy our community.

Steve_Rivers

There was once a discussion on WF about the Oxford Comma. It went on for months and had over 3000 comments. Fascinating stuff.

I wonder how many Oxford commas it contained.

Welcome to the forums, Windsor. Fellow Oxford Commarian here, too.
(And yes, I did just make up that term on the spot... even if it does make me sound like an alien species from Star Trek. )

KeganThompson

Staff member
Board Moderator
Now that I’m older, I’ve been trying hard to make more unique stories, but I still take inspiration from fairy tale elements occasionally. I‘m a big fan of fantasy, graphic novels, mysteries, and humorous satires.
What kind of cartoons/ graphic novels do you like? I got into manga when I was younger
I love writing descriptions and vivid character personalities. My weaker points are linking all my ideas together cohesively.
lol what are cohesive ideas?

I had to look up what an oxford comma was. When it comes to punctuation I just wing it and see if Grammarly 'corrects' me lol.
Welcome to WF!

Windsor Fernsby

What kind of cartoons/ graphic novels do you like? I got into manga when I was younger
I love comics that give a Saturday Morning Cartoons vibe. Amelia Rules, the Bone series, and Giant Days are all very good graphic novels with their own personal reasons why. Blacksad, The Sculptor, and Sandman are also astoundingly made.

I'm not sure why, but it seems harder to find genuinely great graphic novels than genuinely great prose novels. Maybe it's because it's easier to underwrite and therefore have a lessened impact when you can only use pictures with speech bubbles?
But... each format has its own advantages. There's things that I like and don't like with both.
Speaking of manga, I'm thinking of picking up Assassination Classroom. It's probably going to take a while to get through the books I've already planned to read, though.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi, fellas. Call me Ishmael Windsor.
In addition to writing, I have a passion for cartoons, and I often try to combine the two to take advantage of all the benefits that they have. I love visual and literary elements equally.

I “self-published“ my first book when I was 5. It was a direct ripoff of the Gingerbread Man, except the main character was a bagel with arms and legs. My parents were the unlucky dogs who had to read it.

Sincerely yours,
W. Fernsby
Wow - I'm impressed.
Welcome!