Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Nonsense vignette (1 Viewer)

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
Reinstated by kind request ... you see, this is what happens when I attend a virtual training session for something I already know about, and no-one is checking up on me or watching ... extreme nonsense content ahead ... enjoy :)

Defanius Unibas

“No! Yom dens elft! Yar’rrgh! Pipsible scurilast!”

Jacklier as an anitrope, the cherley hag concied to migram lipsice. Perelect, slancent, kicks of oostor – all broote, and much werefied within this toldenest of reateres – skalmed this rowhold. But this one cherley hag belid the tantafoort. Eey did not clide or earke, for this reatere was humblizing, and the lipsice was paralinb. Eyt was, doubtless, no bowdite colong.

Aughen then; the cherley did not know of this shrior, nor any other at this … this abjean.

“Biasins?” gabbed en temprest. “Biasins? Seng you transmil huictsan?”

“Humosne,” scorted en cherley hag at the temprest, per reurgle. “You know humosne is the rushame of the gencist, vere huictsan, right and feule? Ene?”

“Disporgia!” ess hobbed. “Disporgia, just … just accel. Accel and disporgia.” Flaggring fo hects, ess extroned their andist on the gaunick, and quelfted the traf.

Slom huvverebbed, canking the fenowia from the rowhold.

That temprest moas have ronned eir tratious mindruct, otrit and somewhat gammer. The tantafoort! Corrigs the tantafoort! Withus insuented it? Wutnes frew the bilinding? A nogagel symbrated in the earway auristreath, caparthand and solubries, sinnel dist in the hailty. But wend it ever eggretise? Even they hadn’t compressed it all down yet. Now the ciatom had obsconned, the cherley hag had egge to tardernal and could shress. Shress with nism and they might have huve lachter – but ypetten would any of it molvise pipsly.

#​

Medin the cherley hag ues elfted. No gistal feule, no sellusins – just Defanius Unibas. Elfted, elfted. Semmig had ferety dragered the tantafoort with more gruen lipsice. The andists, punity by their gaunick, cohounded and re-enigned again through perelect, and wutnes biasins concied, concied elgo, hibing the temprest to gab like some pume Fraunish infics. Passate, the oostor werefied along the broote and bowded hailty.

And aurit all, aurit ess and elftid, slumed the rushamt of lipsice. There was hane, and moare migrissim. The tantafoort obsloomed, multit and very much aslider. All grew jackly, ortiant, feggis to the cherley.

“What’s been on my mind,” eqqed the hag, verned beside an oagy halder, “is the golden spaces between deaths.”

The clalots. The instive, frantely, frantely clalots.

All gurjuraptive. A condesque, earked reatere.

A gencist.

Last edited:

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
well, it is concise.
still thinking about "nonsense".
perhaps "non-existent"?

;)

Nah, I wrote something that consisted of ~95% made up words, with a view to seeing if any sense of anything was still discernible. But it was a bit cheeky of me to expect people to read it so ... poof!

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
Nah, I wrote something that consisted of ~95% made up words, with a view to seeing if any sense of anything was still discernible. But it was a bit cheeky of me to expect people to read it so ... poof!

but i am that *poof* reader demographic.
*mourns loss deeply*
*a bit cheekily*
;)

Tiamat

Patron
I wonder if you realize that this makes me only want to read it more. :|

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
but i am that *poof* reader demographic.
*mourns loss deeply*
*a bit cheekily*
;)

I wonder if you realize that this makes me only want to read it more. :|

Ditto that.:roll:

... couldn't possibly ... garbage, silly, not serious ... feel it would be wrong of me ... not fit for human eyes ... contains insights of earth-shattering import ...

but since you all asked so nicely, it would be churlish of me to deny you all so ... don't say I didn't warn you. OP edited.

May God have mercy upon my reputation.

Tiamat

Patron
This *feels* like I should understand it. It's like when I tried to read The Canterbury Tales in Middle English. I see so many words I know and others that look a whole lot like words I know, but even still, I'm lost. But it's a fun sort of lost at least! I read it twice and enjoyed the ride through all the gobbledygook all the same. This in particular was pretty fantastic:

“What’s been on my mind,” eqqed the hag, verned beside an oagy halder, “is the golden spaces between deaths.”
It's the actual reason I read it a second time because it was so full of weight that I wanted to understand the context that lead to it. Still didn't, but ah well. :lol:

Glad we pressured you into putting it back up! ;)

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
... couldn't possibly ... garbage, silly, not serious ... feel it would be wrong of me ... not fit for human eyes ... contains insights of earth-shattering import ...

is the original?
'cuz i'm likin' the creative interpretive potential.
*grows as a person*
*gets bigger shirt*

;)

but since you all asked so nicely, it would be churlish of me to deny you all so ... don't say I didn't warn you. OP edited.

May God have mercy upon my reputation.
may the lords of forum quantification restore my reputation allotment.
*inks the OP*
*upon self*
*climbs cliff face*
*to contemplative space*
<insert resonant gong here>

;)

Last edited:

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
This *feels* like I should understand it. It's like when I tried to read The Canterbury Tales in Middle English. I see so many words I know and others that look a whole lot like words I know, but even still, I'm lost. But it's a fun sort of lost at least! I read it twice and enjoyed the ride through all the gobbledygook all the same. This in particular was pretty fantastic:

It's the actual reason I read it a second time because it was so full of weight that I wanted to understand the context that lead to it. Still didn't, but ah well. :lol:

Glad we pressured you into putting it back up! ;)

Thanks! :) Did you get any sense of any of it at all? Like a notion of what, generally speaking, might have happened?

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
is the original?
'cuz i'm likin' the creative interpretive potential.
*grows as a person*
*gets bigger shirt*

;)

It is original and I have updated the original post. :)

Glad you enjoyed - I wonder if it left any sort of vague impression as to what might have gone on?

Personally I feel it could use more standard English language suffixes...

-xXx-

Financial Supporter

Glad you enjoyed - I wonder if it left any sort of vague impression as to what might have gone on?

challenge accepted!
let me reconstruct lost-to-the-void greyson notes.
allbehbk...

your characters are quite readily identifiable, imho.
;)

Tiamat

Patron
Thanks! :) Did you get any sense of any of it at all? Like a notion of what, generally speaking, might have happened?
I just gave it a third go, and basically no, nada. Some kind of conflict and lamenting the resolution, in extremely general terms. And heck, I'm not even sure that's right. For what it's worth though, this is so well put together that I truly do assume my lack of comprehension is my failing and not yours. So there's that. :)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Reading it aloud I sound like my Glaswegian neighbour. I love her to bits but sometimes I nod and grin but don't have a clue what she's saying.

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager

I had to smile that you corrected typos :)

Yay, you spotted it! :)

I just gave it a third go, and basically no, nada. Some kind of conflict and lamenting the resolution, in extremely general terms. And heck, I'm not even sure that's right. For what it's worth though, this is so well put together that I truly do assume my lack of comprehension is my failing and not yours. So there's that. :)

That's pretty much it:)

-xXx-

Financial Supporter

um, yes.

do you feel that need for this specific piece?

i believe this is what UNKSUB
was reading,
in the rain,
scrawled on scrap,
when perceived by astrop.

whether or not it disintegrated,
only the author can say.

brilliant!
jussayin'
:D

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
i believe this is what UNKSUB
was reading,
in the rain,
scrawled on scrap,
when perceived by astrop.

whether or not it disintegrated,
only the author can say.

brilliant!
jussayin'
:D

Yeah, maybe I'll work it in:)

*waits for chapter 2*
*where things rhyme*
*with*
*hinge & orange*
*while they grate*

;)

Chapter 2? I hadn't thought far ahead! Been focusing on the other story for now. This was just ... I don't know what this was.
:)