Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Non Fiction Publishers (1 Viewer)

411XYZ

I'm new to this. I need advice regarding trustworthy publishers of non fiction books. So far it look like there are more than a few bad guys in the publishing world. I am looking for a reputable publisher of non fiction.

Any recommendations?

flashgordon

There are tons of nonfiction publishers out there. What genre is your book in? That will make a big difference. For example, we generally publish books in environmental, psychological, and social science fields, while there are other publishers that specialize only in health related titles or music related titles, etc.

Yes, there are many bad publishing companies out there... absolutewrite has a forum for publishers to beware of.

411XYZ

There are tons of nonfiction publishers out there. What genre is your book in? That will make a big difference. For example, we generally publish books in environmental, psychological, and social science fields, while there are other publishers that specialize only in health related titles or music related titles, etc.

Yes, there are many bad publishing companies out there... absolutewrite has a forum for publishers to beware of.

My book is in part a diet book. It is also a critique on the weigh loss and social commentary on the obesity epidemic. With that said, I am not sure in there is one category in which my book neatly fits.

JohnN

As I say, try and meet publishers, get to know what they like and tailor your work in a way that will attract them. Even if you just meet the once at a random event if they know the face/name they are likely to give your chapters a better chance.

Cran

Da Boss Emeritus
Patron
My book is in part a diet book. It is also a critique on the weigh loss and social commentary on the obesity epidemic. With that said, I am not sure in there is one category in which my book neatly fits.
Then it sounds like something that would fit into health and lifestyle -
apart from the suggestions above, you could also approach the magazine publishers (and there are plenty) in this field, for possible serial publication.

Diet and slimming is a huge and competitive market; to get noticed at all, you will want to show some credibility - you'll be competing with people who have letters before and after their names. You'll want to make very sure of your sources for opinions you rely upon.

Last edited: