Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

No sleep. (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

aa231e96f126dafddc0eed9502075031.jpg

J.h

druid12000

I work overnights so I can commiserate, though I love being a night owl. Weekends are tough, only because I have a somewhat strict sleep schedule during the week, so if I deviate from it to try being a 'normal' person for a day, I end up paying the price of being a Walking Dead extra :mask:

ritudimrinautiyal

I think when we suddenly start writing, it happens like Rip Van Winkle type story. Mind starts behaving that way, to deal with too many strings of thoughts, starts running against time barrier. 2 am or 4 am, it stops understanding the difference for a while ( while may take long time). So be a puppet of your mind for some time. Enjoy the creativity to the limit your mind is stretching to it's strength. You are writing so good.

Keep writing
Good luck

Ritu

Jk_Sl

I work overnights so I can commiserate, though I love being a night owl. Weekends are tough, only because I have a somewhat strict sleep schedule during the week, so if I deviate from it to try being a 'normal' person for a day, I end up paying the price of being a Walking Dead extra :mask:

I feel for you, normal is funny these days isn’t.
It. Extra mask [emoji40] [emoji108] still getting used to it.

I was never usually a night owl, until I started writing and reading lots of content.
But my mind is full of so much to say. I just can’t sleep until it is written.
Thank You [emoji120]

Jk_Sl

I think when we suddenly start writing, it happens like Rip Van Winkle type story. Mind starts behaving that way, to deal with too many strings of thoughts, starts running against time barrier. 2 am or 4 am, it stops understanding the difference for a while ( while may take long time). So be a puppet of your mind for some time. Enjoy the creativity to the limit your mind is stretching to it's strength. You are writing so good.

Keep writing
Good luck

Ritu

Thank You very much Ritu, it is very much like being a puppet to our minds. I have been talking to a few authors and famous poets.
They have given me books to read, so that has helped me lots. Plus this forum has been a really big help in finding what works for me.
I had a style in mind after talking with
J. Raymond that wrote in Spades , he’s very nice and really helpful.
Thank You, and you too [emoji3590]

ritudimrinautiyal

Thank You very much Ritu, it is very much like being a puppet to our minds. I have been talking to a few authors and famous poets.
They have given me books to read, so that has helped me lots. Plus this forum has been a really big help in finding what works for me.
I had a style in mind after talking with
J. Raymond that wrote in Spades , he’s very nice and really helpful.
Thank You, and you too [emoji3590]

That is so nice, that you are getting advices from efficient and nice people who appreciate others and help them get better. You will definitely enjoy growing here.

All the very good luck again.

Ritu

Annie. Marie

Hi again!

I can relate to this a lot. Many times if I'm up within an "unusual" time frame, thoughts that I might not normally have during the day will seep intrusively in my mind, which will in turn, cause me to continue staying up.

I think this is more prose than poetry, but something like this would be great inspiration for a future poem. My favorite writing exercise when I'm exercising writers block is to write like this for 10 minutes straight without pausing. Most times what I write will not make sense or they will just be jumbled thoughts, but many times it will have 5-6 lines that really stand out that when worked on individually, can become great pieces.
Thank you for sharing your late night thoughts!

-Annie

Jk_Sl

Hi again!

I can relate to this a lot. Many times if I'm up within an "unusual" time frame, thoughts that I might not normally have during the day will seep intrusively in my mind, which will in turn, cause me to continue staying up.

I think this is more prose than poetry, but something like this would be great inspiration for a future poem. My favorite writing exercise when I'm exercising writers block is to write like this for 10 minutes straight without pausing. Most times what I write will not make sense or they will just be jumbled thoughts, but many times it will have 5-6 lines that really stand out that when worked on individually, can become great pieces.
Thank you for sharing your late night thoughts!

-Annie

Thank You very much Annie.
It’s funny like that isn’t it.
I had lots to say and couldn’t sleep.
Thank You x