Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

ninja fashion question (1 Viewer)

kunox

I got a real serious question for cosplay/crossplay and decorating my walls reasons. What makes someone{be they male or female} look like a n ninja. I know most ninjas don't wat to look like ninjas and thus wouldn't want to but I ask because I love kunoichis and I have several on my walls but I only count them if they "look like ninja.." despite that I have several that don't. So I was wondering because I want to cosplay one.. I also have serveral spell casters on my wall but I just go by dnd logic then. a.k.a if you have a book your a wizard.. or if you have a pentagram you are a warlock.. so on and so forth..... any thought's would help...

Last edited:

CyberWar

The all-black costume with a hood and face mask tends to be a dead give-away that the character in question is a ninja. Carrying a ninja-to, which is a straight-bladed version of wakizashi, also helps. Though there is no evidence that such swords ever actually existed, they are stereotypically associated with ninjas.

If you want to cosplay a ninja in disguise (which is honestly far more authentic in regards to how historical ninja would have normally dressed), I would try combining some elements of stereotypical ninja attire (so that onlookers immediately know what your character is) with what ordinary Japanese peasants and townsfolk would have worn back in the day. Say, a plain kimono, those traditional wooden sandals, a bamboo staff, a cloth bag on a sling and a coolie hat lowered deep over the face. Could almost pass for a wandering monk or a peasant, were it not for the distinctive straight-bladed sword tucked behind your belt along with some shuriken, and a mask over your face. Or better yet, replace the sword with a pair of kusarigama, which would have been a common agricultural tool and much less conspicuous than a sword, something that a common citizen might have without rousing suspicion.