Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Nineteen Minutes - no spoilers please! (1 Viewer)

krazyklassykat

I haven't finished reading it yet, so I guess I can't really pass judgement... but from what I've seen so far, this is a must-read. I think everyone has a reason to read it.
To me, it serves as a reminder that I could have been that kid who brought a gun to school. To others, it will open their eyes to how their actions affect others. If only the people who need to read this most didn't spend their time reading tabloids instead.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a cliched subject, but Picoult's style won't let it get old. Most of the critics have used the same word: "raw." It really is. It's one of those books I can't seem to put down.
Worth a read.

lisajane

I quite enjoy Picolut's work but I haven't read Nineteen Minutes either (I kept myself from buying it on Monday). I just finished her 'Keeping Faith' novel.

I'm waiting until it comes out in the usual smaller, white edition... I like my books to be the same...

I just bought the book after months of wanting it. At present I am reading John Grisham's "The Firm" as well as attempting to stay on top of uni work, so have to wait before I can start reading Nineteen Minutes.

I love Jodi Picoults work. Can't wait to read it :)