Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Nick Hornby - A long way down (1 Viewer)

Kikster

has anyone read it? I'm almost done with it and it's a great book. I'm really happy that he wrote a new novel, he's one of my favorite authors.... and what a novel! It's funny and it makes you think at the same time, and the characters are just to die for. probably it is his best novel.
high fidelity was really good too, it used to be my favorite book for a while, but this one I think it's even better. it's incredible how he can write from four different perspectives and sound convincing and "real" all the time...
I reccomend it to everyone!

mememe

He lives a few streets from me...but I must confess I haven't read him in ages. I'll check it out...just because you say its good. My reading pleasure now rests entirely on your shoulders :wink: I'll let you what I think of it

mememe

Mona

I just started reading this book yesterday and from the very beginning I could tell that it's good. I've only read How To Be Good by him and I enjoyed that one too but I can tell that A Long Way Down is better. I really agree with you about the characters. I adore JJ. I should definately read more Nick Hornby books.

Kikster

I finished the book last night... awsome!!!

it was really great all the way to the end... and I guess that now it has become my favorite nick hornby book.

mona, if you like all he way down you should definetly try "high fidelity". that's my second favorite book of his.