Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Nice to meet you! (1 Viewer)

roadscribe

Friends of WF
Howdy folks! I'm new around here, but been in the writing game for...a very long time (damn, I'm old). Anyway, I got my start in the screenwriting world. Still have reps in that game, but I've recently transitioned to fiction and plan to make my stake in this new world. I'm currently pumping out some short stories which I hope to share here, and in return, will happily reciprocate critiques.

If anyone ever needs any screenwriting craft/business advice, let me know. But be prepared for questions about the fiction game, because I'm soaking it all in. ;)

Anyway, happy to be here, have a great week!

roadscribe

Friends of WF
Welcome to the forum! I've always wondered about screenwriting, and what that looks like. Did you write whole scripts or were you part of a team? It would be great to learn more about it.

As a WF friend, you can post right away on the Fiction Workshop and you expect some pretty thorough critic there.

Thanks so much! Yeah, just posted a short story over in the workshop. Excited to see what folks think. Dig the forums so far. I've worked solo as a screenwriter and with teams in the past. It's a fun, and heartbreaking racket, I suppose not much different than fiction, but we'll see. I loved the time I spent screenwriting, it taught me how to be economical with words. Hoping it translates to my fiction.

Take care.

Jan

Hi and welcome. I'm also working on a short story, looking forward to read yours.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Howdy folks! I'm new around here, but been in the writing game for...a very long time (damn, I'm old). Anyway, I got my start in the screenwriting world. Still have reps in that game, but I've recently transitioned to fiction and plan to make my stake in this new world. I'm currently pumping out some short stories which I hope to share here, and in return, will happily reciprocate critiques.

If anyone ever needs any screenwriting craft/business advice, let me know. But be prepared for questions about the fiction game, because I'm soaking it all in. ;)

Anyway, happy to be here, have a great week!
Fantastic, we’re glad your here

TheMightyAz

Mentor
I appeared to have missed welcoming you to the forum. I sincerely apologise! 'Sincerely' might be going a tad too far ... BUT hello!