Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New York By Bloodlight (1 Viewer)

Paulbee

New York night-time
migraine pounding music against
backing vocals, screaming and sirens wail
yellow cab simmers out of greasy, grey fog
splashing through
wet, sweaty, red light streets

The driver's dead eyes
watch from his window
blood black in the moonlight
seeping through a man's fading fingers
he waits patiently
for a shadow in the back seat

Drives away
into the swirling darkness
of a New York night.

Riptide

WF Veterans
Is it a taxi driver in new York? I like it. Stream of conscious like, except with the punctuation. Maybe if you strip it bare of the commas... haha, just a notion

red light streets - I keep forcing it like: Red street lights.

Pandora

Honoured/Sadly Missed
Never actually been there. Mostly inspired by "Taxi Driver" with the excellent DeNiro. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading and commenting.
Great movie my son's favorite, that's a lot of poem, inspiration and imagination, well done!