Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New writer (1 Viewer)

D

dale1966

Hello All

New to the site. I am from New Mexico, and all my writing has consisted to writing in journals, to express my personal feeling and to let steam off sometimes. I have been doing that for many years. I have no degree to speak of. I do like writing and my brother came over the other week and read some of my journals, and told me. If I write all the time as a hobby why don't I actually try to write a book. Wasn't sure if he was joking or serious. Than I thought on it for sometime and decided he was right. So here I am.

Peace

Dale

C

cclay

Hi Dale,

I am pretty new here myself but wanted to welcome you. Your story sounds very similar to mine. I have been writing weekly inspirational or motivational threads for a hep C web site that I belong to for about two years now and still counting.

There was much prodding from the other members of that site for me to write a book. They all just thought that I had a knack for it and that I should give it a try.

Being a person who believes that the only bad idea is one that is not tried, I decided to take them serious. But then I wondered what I would write this book about. And then one day while I was camping, an idea hit me that I really thought might be good.

And now I have just passed page 400 in the first draft of a fiction novel. I am brand new at this but feel that I have found the proper web site right here to help me through this work.

I wish you luck and hope that you too will find that one idea that inspires you to write that book! I have found the writing to be a very enjoyable experience so far and I hope that you discover the same.

Good luck and again, Welcome!

Chuck

D

dale1966

Thanks

Hello

Thanks, yes I have a few ideas, and have posted a prologue on one of my ideas. I love to write.

Peace

Dale

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, Dale. Just a suggestion. WF is very much a give and take site, meaning if you want critiques/comments on your work, you have to give 'em. Enjoy!