Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New writer to the forum (1 Viewer)

C

ChrisBFL

Hi:

I'm Chris (Male) and I am new to this forum. I joined because I had completed over the the past 8 weeks my first novel (Hard Science Fiction) and have this out for review by two publishing houses and a few literary agents. So far, I have had two positive responses as in "we are interested, please send more chapters", so I guess I'll see. This is the book I wanted to write for a long time but could not find the time until I got hit by a car on my wife's bicycle. I was in a lot of discomfort and so I would sit up late into the night and write. It was a realy intersting experience because when I started it was like looking up at a mountain and now 390 pages later, I'm at the top. I will most likely post the first few pages for some feedback but I think (I hope) that I have sonething here. I tried to combine my ultimate space invaders fantasy with one of the most exciting experiences in my life of living for a few months in the former Soviet Uniopn and meeting and marrying my Russian/ Ukrainain wife. One of th sub plots in the US/ Russian effort to develop a fleet of defensive nuclear powered spacecraft (in 2019) is the romantic involvement of my main American character (aerospace engineer) and the main female character (Russian radio astronomer). I really hope to see this on a bookshelf and off my hard drive in the near future.

Mr Sci Fi

Hi Chris,

Welcome and congratulations on your positive responses to what appears to be a very interesting read. As an avid lover of Sci-Fi, I can't get enough of it. It sounds like you have wordly experience and will probably contribute to a genre that is severely lacking in quality hard fiction lately. Good luck, welcome, and let me know if there's anything I can help you with, as I'm an enthusiast on the subject myself.

C

ChrisBFL

Thanks, glad to be aboard. I'll kee you all posted on the status of my submisions to the publsihing world.