Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New user name, old poster (1 Viewer)

Saphryne

Hi,

I had a profile on here years ago, (2003-2006?) and I'm scraping the recesses of my brain trying to remember my username or anything of use to find my old posts and people Having no luck, so here I am reborn!

I'm a former ballet dancer turned hobby writer who usually has a bourbon or two (Kentucky girl) while emoting in one of a dozen books, journals, or bathroom walls(only part kidding haha)

I wanted to reconnect with this place because it was such a comfort (and kick in the pants) to share my stories and poems way back when. I want to improve my scribbles and also save them online for posterity.

I find that sadness in life brings out the best poems for me. What inspires your writing most? I'm eager to hear! ;)

codyrobi613

Hey!

Fellow Kentuckian here, bourbon is the bomb, but gin has been my new interest of late. I find that sadness tents to inspire and motivate me as well. However, my joy and imagination of what heaven is like really informs my writing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Saphryne

Hi Cody! Glad to see another member of the Bluegrass. Have you tried Castle and Key gin? Keeneland makes a fantastic gin&tonic with rosemary.

Just hearing your inspiration makes me want to read some of your stuff. I look forward to it!

codyrobi613

I haven't tried those yet! Hendricks is pretty good, and roku is a pretty unique gin. I'm a couple chapters in on my first novella, I may post that soon!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Saphryne and welcome back. :) If you can ping me with a possible email address or old username that you may have used, I can take a look and see if we can't find who you were.

Tiamat

Patron
Welcome back Saphryne! You sound like a fun person to have a drink with. I only recently tried bourbon for the first time (always been a vodka gal myself) but I do believe I'll have to start switching things up a bit!

Saphryne

Welcome to the dark side Tiamat! ;) You should try a Kentucky Mule (bourbon, lime, ginger beer) They are delicious. Did I mention I used to be a bartender? haha

Saphryne

Thanks for the offer! The email is long gone, but I may have used HoneyBun? I did try searching that name, but you have all the powers so maybe it will turn up