Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

new to this site (1 Viewer)

M

momo

Hi, I live in London am in my fifties and have finally found time to do what I enjoy most - write! I'm currently writing my first novel and trying to turn out 8,000 - 10,000 words per week. I've had some poetry published in the past and have a background in further education. Have recently lost my editor as she is busy reading for a Masters at the moment so am currently looking for someone to edit my work, in exchange for editing their work may be? Find the hardest thing about writing is the self discipline needed and wonder if sites like this are more of a distraction than a help, but decided to give it a try! Would be nice to hear back from anyone in similar position.

Nickie

WF Veterans
Momo, let me be the first to welcome you to Writing Forums. I'm also in my (early) fifties, but contrary to you, I rarely find the time to write nowadays! I'm very busy with a new job, have a house to maintain and a flat at the seaside. In both chores need to be done (and not only cleaning up! we also do all the re-decoration ourselves) and they take up a lot of time. The last couple of years, I seem to have done nothing but painting, scraping walls and refilling the holes in them, fixing glass fibre or fleece, creating new closets (even a wall to wall dressing), etc., etc. Have often thought I could better have started a company!

Nickie

blazeofglory

Hi, I live in London am in my fifties and have finally found time to do what I enjoy most - write! I'm currently writing my first novel and trying to turn out 8,000 - 10,000 words per week. I've had some poetry published in the past and have a background in further education. Have recently lost my editor as she is busy reading for a Masters at the moment so am currently looking for someone to edit my work, in exchange for editing their work may be? Find the hardest thing about writing is the self discipline needed and wonder if sites like this are more of a distraction than a help, but decided to give it a try! Would be nice to hear back from anyone in similar position.

I am really happy to welcome here, and am happier to read that you are a writer. Writers have similar things to share with. Unlike you I am not a native writer, that means English is my second language, and I do not know whether I can present myself properly and expressively across cross sections of people where English is their first language. I am also somewhat new here and am expecting indeed someone to help me. I have already written a story titled Gnawed beauty. I will be really happy if someone gives comments.
Anyway it is really unexciting to be people of different sections.