Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New to forums (1 Viewer)

G

Grammie Penny

As a 53 year old grandmother (yes, "Grammie), I have never been on a forum. Because of living with a sick husband for many years, I am often both bored and lonely. My son advised that I try a forum to give me something to anticipate on the weekends and when I come home from school. (I teach elementary special education.) My daughter has given me a wonderful grandson who is one year old and he has a sibling on the way. I also have the above-mentioned son who lives with me and my husband, and we have another son living out of town. They all bring me great joy and support.

Anyway, my son asked what interests me besides my grandbaby and reading? He was trying to discover which type of forum I should try.And writing is the only goal....nope...that's too lofty....it's the only thing that I would aspire to and enjoy but I have no real out-let to do so. I have written little poems in the past, both light-hearted and heart-breaking (to me). Sometimes I just need a place to "cry" in writing.

Have I come to right place?

The Backward OX

WF Veterans
“If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you should go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid”

Just kidding. It's no worse than a football riot most of the time. Welcome to the cuckoo's nest.

rumpole40k

Good to have you! Sorry for your loss. I've found writing invaluable to get out my own feelings when my father passed.

Once again, welcome.

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, Grammie! You have certainly come to the right place. Writing is indeed a way to express yourself. I've often found (and I'm nearing 52 now) that it is easier to write down what bothers you than to actually having to say it. Welcome!

Nickie

*Elle*

Welcome to you Grammie. No offense but you could be my grandma because I'm only 14. LOL!! Not trying to be rude. Just a joke.
Welcome!

It never ceases to shock me when I find people over the age of 35 using the internet. Alas, I extend to you a warm welcome; although I'm only new to this place myself. I look forward to seeing more of you around.