Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New Sci FI writer (1 Viewer)

D

danedane

Hi i am a 15 year old high school student. I hope one day to write science fiction as my profession. I will be sending in work to be looked at and cretiqued, I already sent in a selection called True Monks.

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the community, danedane. It's great to have you here. A quick word of advice? WF is very much a give and take site, meaning if you want critiques, you have to give 'em. Enjoy!

jlstratton

Welcome and best of luck

Danedane,

I also enjoy Science Fiction writing. Many people think its for geeks but it is one of the hardest forms of fiction to produce, especially in short story.

For inspiration there is another writer who wrote and published his first Science Fiction novel. His name is Dan ... something. You can find the novel at barnesandnobel.com or at Llumina press in their bookstore. the title is: OMA: One Man Army

Just thought you would like to know that your not alone in you dreams. Now, get writing!

JL Stratton

jlstratton

Update

Danedane,

Just wanted to give you an update on my previous post.

The name I wanted to give you is Daniel J. Neumann. He published his first novel at age 16. If you google his name you can get to his website and learn more about him. He might serve as good inspiration for you. I wish I would have had a role model like him when I was in High School. I wrote back then but nobody took me seriously so I didn't get serious. Daniel serves as a great story of how someone in High School can juggle homework, learning to drive, a girlfriend, and writing a novel, all at the same time.

I tell you this because I am now 43 years old and am finally taking my hobby more seriously. This is because I was led to believe, when I was young, that true writers had to pay their dues and live a hard life for many years to become better writers. That is simply not true. If you enjoy writing, and you stick with it through all the pain of learning, you will become better.

JL Stratton