Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New Romance vs established romance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeX_Domina

I have never been a fan of new romances in novels because the way people choose romantic partners is more honey-moonish pasion romance,vs finding a person to be a true companion.It's why I have always been a fan of friends to lovers.Maybe it's me,but I can NOT just fall in love with this hot person who just came in---I steer clear of people I have a hogh leve of attraction aka the love/lust at first site type and I simply believe it to be the wiser decision,but enough about me....

I like when stuff like what happened with Mulder and Scully ,or The Doctor and his companions (The Doctor and the Master? There is a history),Batman and Catwoman...unless you're trynna pull a Bonnie and Clyde.

Book Cook

New romance is good if the pair will have some short-term fun; established friendship (as I think that's what you meant) is good if it doesn't grow into a long-term romantic relationship.

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
Hello Lex Domina,
I'm very pleased to meet you. Welcome to WF.

Hmmm...
intriguing point.

Looking back at my stuff there is always a long established relationship already, I find it easier to write the dialogue. Lazy I guess. It would be a challenge to write something 'new love' style, I like a challenge. Thanks for the idea.

Good luck
BC

Reichelina

Looks fade. Personality, principles and wisdom are far more important at least for me.

I have to say I like enemies to lovers. You've seen the worst of the other person and still chose to love them in the end. That's just the weird side of me I guess.

LeX_Domina

Looks fade. Personality, principles and wisdom are far more important at least for me.

I have to say I like enemies to lovers. You've seen the worst of the other person and still chose to love them in the end. That's just the weird side of me I guess.

I love that so much! I thought I was the only one.It's like showing love conquering all and stuff and in those cases,those people had to get to know each other to love each other

Bishop

WF Veterans
Much agreed, LeX. Romance in my stories often begins with two people who've shared experiences together for a while before their romance begins; and those that don't often have a bitter end to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.