Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New member, happy to find you all (1 Viewer)

G

gerber_daisy

Hello folks,

I'm new here, obviously, but I enjoy writing very much. Please forgive my slips in grammar, etc, as I have become so accustomed to internet shorthand for so much.

I'm 36, female, and live in Nova Scotia Canada. I have been writing since I was a kid and although I received much encouragement to pursue writing, all the way up through university and beyond, I did not have the confidence to even try. It's a great regret of mine.

So, now, many years later I feel I should revisit writing, even if only for my own pleasure. It would be fabulous though to see it in print, maybe in one of those small scale literary journals, Granta's poor country cousins.

I'm not sure what else I should add... I'm an intermedia art student in my final year. I switched careers from science into art. I should have taken this route to begin with, but that is another story in itself. Now, physically I cannot do the work for which I was trained and so I began the work for which I have passion. I mostly do video/audio pieces but I also do contructive and welded sculpture.

I'm open to questions if this doesn't quite say it all.

Happy to find you all, and definitely looking forward to chatting with you.

Voodoo

You're a touch on the fortyish side.
At least you're trying, I suppose I'll offer the "Hey there, let's do some poetry!"

Like everyone else.