Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New Member Again. (1 Viewer)

Hyperion

Hello,

I'm not much of a writer, and though I though I won't be seeking reviews for any writing of mine, I do hope to learn much from what I read here.

See you around, members of WritingForums.com. :)

gohn67

Welcome Hyperion, hope you like it here, and I hope this board inspires you to write at least it alittle.

Hyperion

Hi, gohn67. Hi, Nickie.

gohn67: I believe it shall, and I hope so. Writing has been an avid hobby of mine.

valeca

Patron
Welcome, Hyperion

Chances are good you'll pick up a writing trick or two by hanging out at WF...or mind-numbing insanity. Either/or.

Enjoy your stay!

Hyperion

Wow, has this forum always been this popular? It was 2005 when I joined, and now I cannot remember how I got here. As to how I returned, I was searching for forums I was active on long ago, just for nostalgia's sake. How pleasing, then, to come across a neat community that has only flourished more in my absence, and has a community waiting to receive me again.

Anyways, in regard to this introduction topic, I thought of submitting another one, but decided it best to revive this for some context. Between my registration in 2005 and my return in 2010, I have taken English classes at my local community college. As well, I have written, and written more; I have a few essays to share. I still look upon my writing and revise and revise, or at least ponder how to improve what I say. However, I feel that I have improved, and writing is still very much a relevant and interesting topic to me. That said, I plan to give this forum another go, and maybe even become more active than before.

To end, a few articles I have written, which may be of interest since this is a writing forum. First, here is an essay I wrote for my English 015 class:

"The Elected President: A Case Study."

Now, the few more examples below were not written for class, but they have to do with online community building, a subject of great interest to me:

"The effects of a shoutbox on a forum community."

"Misused community building methods."

"Creating the ideal guest welcome message for your forum."

B

Baron

Welcome back to WF. You'll probably notice quite a few changes. I hope you like what you find.