Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New in town (1 Viewer)

firstep3

Hello all,
My name is Steven Drennon, and I am a self-published author who got sidetracked and is now trying to get back into the game. I am new to this forum, but I used to be a very regular contributor to the kindleboards forum before it got sold. I was also once a heavy contributor to the Writer category on StackExchange, but I haven't frequented there much lately.

I have been self-publishing since 2012, with two fantasy novels, eight collections of poetry, two mystery/suspense novellas, and one historical fiction published to date. I also have several erotica titles that I have published under a pseudonym, and until recently, those have been my primary source of earnings, but that market seems to be drying up.

I took early retirement in 2015 with the intention of becoming a full time writer, but life had other plans for me. I am currently in the process of expanding one of my fantasy novels into a trilogy, and I hope to have the second book in that series published before the end of the year. I have a few other projects in the works as well, but I'm trying not to let myself get too spread out.

I used to enjoy being able to share ideas with other writers, and now that I'm planning to give this another try, I decided to try to find a community of like-minded folks to help me along the way. I hope that I may be of some assistance to some of you as well. I haven't had a chance to look around much yet, but I'll be taking some time over the next week to get acclimated, so I'll be seeing you around.

Reactions: PiP

TL Murphy

Met3 Member
Staff member
Chief Mentor
You sound like a prolific writer. I look forward to reading some of your work. I hope you put some poetry up.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hello all,
I used to enjoy being able to share ideas with other writers, and now that I'm planning to give this another try, I decided to try to find a community of like-minded folks to help me along the way. I hope that I may be of some assistance to some of you as well. I haven't had a chance to look around much yet, but I'll be taking some time over the next week to get acclimated, so I'll be seeing you around.

Hello Steven

Welcome to WF and our creative community. Once you've a look around if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

LCLee

Financial Supporter
Glad to see you join our group. I also retired in 2015 and have been writing full time. I like historical fiction, but I’ve tried my hand at other genres in short stories. Anyways...welcome....