Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New guy here. at attention (1 Viewer)

Raynos2

Hey, just joined this forum looking for some feedback and motivation to finish writing ^^

been writing a bit in the past, most stories lasted 5 pages before i got bored :D this time i wish to finish at least a couple of chapters maybe a whole story,

i've posted my begin of the fantasy novel i'm writing in the fiction section, any feedback there is welcome (shameless pointing to my work :D)

Jake

oh and hello to everyone

Raynos2

Standard message, and post count increasements ftw?! \o/

At least you read my message and picked out the name jake ^_^

Just wondering, whether this a good place to get advice and comments, nice ones not too harsh ones, on a story

Shinn

Hi Jake.

Yeah, WF is a good place to get advice and comments on a story, and you might get some bad comments on a story from time to time, but overall, any comments can help you to improve your writing skills. Also, as an unspoken rule (sorry Hawke), critique someone's work and the favour will be returned.

Last edited:

Raynos2

YOU STOLE HIS LINE! :eek: he won't be pleased :p and yes i already started critiqueing, other people's writing style help me get some ideas about structure and phrasings ^^

and is this community mainly european or american? aka will most comments/replies/threads come at normal time for me (Uk) or in at 4am? ^^

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to WF, Jake. Great to have you here.

We have people here from all over the world, so replies can come anytime.

As for the line. Nope, I don't mind a bit, mostly because it's not my line, only the truth of any writing forum. So, carry on spreading the word!

By the way, I'm a gal. (lol) Just saying.

Last edited: