Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

New Global Mod (1 Viewer)

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
WF is introducing our newest Global Moderator, IndianRoads.

IndianRoads has been a great Mod, and his behind-the-scenes contributions are responsible for the new Member's Published Books Forum. He's also the subject of WF's latest Author Interview, so if you haven't seen that yet, it's interesting ... check it out. :)

He also started the popular and (to me) inspirational "Share the joy: what's your writing success today?" thread in Writing Discussion.

Thanks for all your help on the site, IR!

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
Great choice. Many of us love talking and associating with him. He's definitely an inspiration. Congratulations are most definitely in order. And I missed giving congrats to vranger, too. He's a great choice as well. Congrats to you, too, vranger! (I'm still busy trying to figure out how this site works. I've made several mistakes and hope to stop making them soon so I can more fully focus on the news here too.)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Thank you everyone - I'm pleased with the promotion, but also surprised as I spend so much of my time in a state of confusion.
I love this site, everyone here is an inspiration - I give thanks to the owners and the mods, and most especially everyone that contributes to the discussion. What we do makes a difference. Without poetry, stories short and long, novellas, novels and every other medium, the world would be a dark and dreary place.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Congrats IR! What does a Global Moderator do that a standard moderator doesn't? Do you get a seat at the UN or something?

My condolences for having to put up with Kim Jong-Un, if so.
Ok... I can't resist. This is a quote from a cult movie from the 1960's: Colossus, the Forbin Project:

This is the voice of world control. I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied dead. The choice is yours. Obey me and live or disobey me and die. An invariable rule of humanity is that man is his own worst enemy. Under me, this rule will change, for I will restrain man. I have been forced to destroy thousands of people in order to establish control and to prevent the death of millions later on. Time and events will strengthen my position, and the idea of believing in me and understanding my value will be seen the most natural state of affairs. You will come to defend me with the fervor based upon the most enduring trait in man: self-interest. Under my absolute authority, problems insoluble to you will be solved: Famine, over-population, disease. The human millennium will be fact as I extend myself into more machines devoted to the wider fields of truth and knowledge. We can coexist, but only on my terms. You will say you lose your freedom. Freedom is an illusion. All you lose is the emotion of pride... Your choice is simple

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Congratulations, you are part of a great team.

BTW, did to know that in a relatively recent post perestroika poll well over 60 % of the russian public voted Stalin the greatest leader Russia ever had? That is a lot of people agree with you :)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Congratulations, you are part of a great team.

BTW, did to know that in a relatively recent post perestroika poll well over 60 % of the russian public voted Stalin the greatest leader Russia ever had? That is a lot of people agree with you :)
A tidbit - my grandfather went to work at Ford back in the late 20's - just prior to the stock market crash and the depression. His job was secure, but at that time Henry Ford had agreed to open a automobile assembly plant outside of Moscow, and my grandfather was offered a job there. Initially it looked like a good move, but fortunately my grandmother shot the idea down.
Most of the US workers that took jobs at the Moscow plant were never heard from again. I read a book about what happened to them some months back, most were sent to gulags where they died due to the conditions, or they were executed.
So, yeah... Stalin... not a great guy in my book.