Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Need Ideas For A Book Report (1 Viewer)

Smaointe

I have one more book report to finish, and I can't find a book I can use. The ones I like are too hard and long to put into a plot summary, since ours can't be longer then three-forths of a page; and if I find a book that would work, then the book is stupid and not worth the effort.
Does anyone have any book ideas. This is for 9th grade english. Thanks.

Drzava

Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

It's pretty easy, the summary happens to be the title, you just gotta make 3/4ths of the page filler.

K-P

Dude, swipe your dad's credit card and buy a book report off the Internet just like every other respectable student does.

Rayner

Perhaps Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart"? THe copy I have is 209 pages, and I'm reading it for school right now, and I like it. I think you could cram a synopisis into 3/4 of page.

Last edited:

Syren

A Brave New World, Aldous Huxley. Impress your teacher, not too long... easily get 3/4 synopsis done. Plus, it's a great book.

How long do you have to do this bit?

Syren

Now that I think on it... mission accomplished:

A Brave New World

There's about 3/4 right there, ye vile lil cheat!
(You should still read the book tho... great read) ;)

//Sy

Last edited:

Otto Ray Sing

One book you might think about is by Newt Gingrich and somebody else who's name I can't remember. It's called Gettysburg and is either the first or second book in a series that changes history around. It gives us the perspective of what would have happened if the South had won the American Cival War. It's a lot of reading but the synopsis could fit into your requirements. Plus you could impress your teacher.