Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Need Help with Page Identifiers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tytan

Dear Members,

I am hoping that someone can help me with page identification nomenclature. I really don't know what to call various identifiers in certain books. I am compiling a list of scientists and citing references. Outside of page number, I do not know what to name the other components of the page identification parts. I've attached a PNG image to illustrate these components to which i need help naming.

I need names for the red, blue and green highlights. I thought that the blue would be an Index but then what is the Cc3? I don't know how to refer to these page identifiers. What do publishers call these numbers/identifiers?

I am trying to cite such pages as follows:
Book title and any necessary subtitles, Volume id, Number id, Pages xx-xx, Author, City xxxx date

I need to know what to call the red, blue and green identifiers. Index MMXXI and Section Cc3? I thought that AAA-BBB is the Index. I need help.

Thank you for your time and best wishes,
Tytan

Llyralen

Title, (Im not sure of the blue, maybe subject), Footer?

Hard for me to say from the above. Do you know what style you are supposed to write this in? Any certain journal style specifically? Purdue has the best help on APA style and it might help— just because it might give you the terms? That’s for more scientific articles/writing. If you know the style, then J bet the quickest way for you to be sure would be to google that particular style. Here’s Purdue’s APA style in case it helps.

https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research...ormatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html

Status
Not open for further replies.