Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

need a script (1 Viewer)

paroma

im planning to adopt the novel "Les enfants terribles" by John Cocteau into a play. but the trouble is that ive never done that before and i was really hoping that someone can help me along...also if anybody knows where to get hold of the 1949 movie or its script..keep in mind that im based in delhi,india and cannot afford to order at exhorbitant prices..
is nothing available on the net?
thanks..
p.s-if somebody is interested in lending me their script (stage play) for my college annual production...4-6 characters and approx 30-40 mins long...anyone not looking for remuneration but helping out college kids

mammamaia

email me and i'll see what i can do for you...

keep in mind that cocteau's works are still protected by copyright and the screenplay version will be copyrighted by the producers, so if you plan to use this commercially and base the play on the film version, you will have to get permission from his estate and the producer...

also, the oakland opera theater staged an operatic adaptation of the novel [which may also have been done as a play] in 2006...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

Last edited:

mammamaia

as i thought, he did write that as a play, sometime after the novel... here's the book of plays you can look for in the library or get on e-bay [link]:

Jean Cocteau Five Plays HC DJ 1st - (item 300123942104 end time Aug-21-07 19:46:48 PDT)

scock.jpg

paroma

thanks a lot...uve been of great help...and ive mailed you asking for some information so...

Users who are viewing this thread