Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

NDE - My Near Death Experience & the Vedas (1 Viewer)

REBtexas

I was looking for a place to self-publish my book and after a disaster over on Wattpad, I ended up buying the most basic account offered at Wordpress.com (not .org). I am pleasantly surprised as to how well this new approach has worked out for me, using "pages" to write my book. I am way too unsophisticated in the art of using Wordpress to give any advice but I am happy with it. There is also the fact that Wordpress has given me a bonus section where a blog has been included with my account. Blogs are created using "post." At first I didn't know what to do with this section but as it turned out, this is one of the best features of Wordpress. Now, every Sunday, I post a blog on my homepage; the subject matter is related to the subject of my book. Here's the link for my book and blog (this takes you to my Wordpress homepage which is designated as "Home" in the table of contents). The book is FREE > NDE - My Near Death Experience & the Vedas

I have an iPage website but they will only give me 6 pages total unless I upgrade. Hmm...any book has more than 6 pages and Wordpress has no limit to the number of pages I can use. Yes, Wordpress would like me to buy a domain name through them but I don't have to. The www.ndebook.wordpress.com URL works great and it is free. In less than two months 500 people were able to located my URL so adios iPage.

Last edited by a moderator:

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
I was drawn to your post because I died in a car accident in 1972.
I filed the experience away, and only mentioned it to a few close friends, then finally wrote about it in my second book, The Last Dragon. That event provides background color to all my novels though.

It sounds as if you're happy with wattpad - which is great. I went with Amazon because most people buy their books there these days. I keep a blog on my webpage (I've been too busy writing to update it lately though), and use a Facebook author account to keep in touch with my readers. My daughters say I should use Instagram and Twitter too... but I don't understand the Insta-thing and I don't wanna be a Twit.

Do what works for you.

Are you working on another book?

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
I've never died and been revived, but I can count eight very near misses ... only a couple of seconds between me and an event which would have most likely been fatal. That doesn't count the times my wife threw an object at my head, because, luckily, she throws like a girl. ;-)

REB, you should take the www. off of your link. "ndebook" takes its place as the URL alias, and it can cause the first access of the link to make the visitor jump through hoops to get to the page.

TaniAliya

WF Veterans
I was looking for a place to self-publish my book and after a disaster over on Wattpad, I ended up buying the most basic account offered at Wordpress.com (not .org). I am pleasantly surprised as to how well this new approach has worked out for me, using "pages" to write my book. I am way too unsophisticated in the art of using Wordpress to give any advice but I am happy with it. There is also the fact that Wordpress has given me a bonus section where a blog has been included with my account. Blogs are created using "post." At first I didn't know what to do with this section but as it turned out, this is one of the best features of Wordpress. Now, every Sunday, I post a blog on my homepage; the subject matter is related to the subject of my book. Here's the link for my book and blog (this takes you to my Wordpress homepage which is designated as "Home" in the table of contents). The book is FREE > NDE - My Near Death Experience & the Vedas

I have an iPage website but they will only give me 6 pages total unless I upgrade. Hmm...any book has more than 6 pages and Wordpress has no limit to the number of pages I can use. Yes, Wordpress would like me to buy a domain name through them but I don't have to. The www.ndebook.wordpress.com URL works great and it is free. In less than two months 500 people were able to located my URL so adios iPage.
Your link brings up a warning.

Reactions: PiP