Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Nanu Nanu (1 Viewer)

Hey Everybody,

Nothing special about me, just a guy who likes to write. Always been a favorite creative release of mine.

I came across this forum after using a creative writing app on my phone. A lot of the challenges on the app were kinda fun in their own way, but very limited and repetitive after a while. ("In five words, describe a time...", "Write a one sentence story about your favorite food", "What's a joke that always makes you laugh?"). I wanted something more, so I decided to branch out a bit and thought about the good old days of message boards and internet forums. Decided to join this one and several others just to see if I could find people and projects with similar creative interests as mine.

I find that writing is like both exercise and comfort food for the brain. It sharpens the mind, but at the same time seems to release a tension.

Normally at this point I'd issue a small apology for making my intro a little bit wordy, but...this is a writing forum. If something like this was too wordy for a bunch of writers, then allow me to introduce myself in simpler terms:

"Hello. Me writing guy. Me like write words. Me join forum which has lots words. Me add more words, because me like words. Words like food for brain. Me like food as well."

Anyway, looking forward to whatever randomness or creativity may emerge on this website. Hope everybody's having a good day/night/whatever.

Last edited:

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
You wouldn't be Mork from Ork would you?
Nanu nanu right back at you.

What's next for you beyond a writing app on your phone? Short stories? Novellas? Novels? Epic door-stops?
What sort of stories would you like to tell?

I like words...I like food too! Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing you on the discussion board.
Thanks! I was getting a little worried after seeing all the views with no replies. Started thinking that maybe I got off on the wrong foot.

Also, I did want to mention that I've written short stories and a decent amount of poetry. My mention of the app on my phone was more of a passive explanation of how I decided to look up other venues, not "Hey, this is all the writing experience I've ever had." I'm sure a certain number of people on the board can relate when I say I've got a few novels that remain unfinished. I've set a goal to have my first one finished by May of next year, but my perfectionism keeps the process down to a crawl.

Thanks for not leaving me hanging. Looking forward to wading through the boards as well.

You wouldn't be Mork from Ork would you?
Nanu nanu right back at you.

What's next for you beyond a writing app on your phone? Short stories? Novellas? Novels? Epic door-stops?
What sort of stories would you like to tell?
Haha, well that's the thing, the app on my phone isn't the only writing experience I've had. I've been writing stories since I was a kid, also had a decent go at poetry. I've got several novels that remain unfinished, but I'm looking to finish one by May of next year. I even won a class award for best short story in 5th Grade -- not a Pulitzer or Newbery Honor, but that's what encouraged me to write more (as well as read).

As far as types of stories, I'm working on several types. The novel I'm currently working on is Post-Apocalyptic. I've also got a Sci-Fi, a Fantasy, a Steampunk-related novel (that one's still kinda iffy, but my mind's been rolling with it), and a modern contemporary novel that involves a hacker who doubles as a private investigator. Perfectionism is what seems to hold me back the most; I'll write half a page and then delete it because of something I didn't like. Generally when I sit to write, I can complete between 5-10 pages in document format. I'm trying to bypass my perfectionism by saying I'll throw down a rough draft first, then critique and edit later.

But yes, thanks for also not leaving me hanging. I was actually getting somewhat anxious when I read 30+ views with no replies.

I was like, "Oh God, do I really come off that awkward or terrible?"

I guess I am Mork from Ork. ;) Hopefully with at least some comedic relief, in my case.

Last edited:

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Congratulations, you've found the best writing forum on the internet. The only rule here is 'write' and prepare for feedback! But always remember, YOU are the forum. :) The owners can only do their best to make sure you feel at home here. The community is OURS!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hey!

I'm new.

I write to escape, and i write to create a world that is different from reality and I write because it is healing for me and there is nothing like creating a world of your own that is not the norm. for me, that is a day well written

cheers

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Hey!

I'm new.

I write to escape, and i write to create a world that is different from reality and I write because it is healing for me and there is nothing like creating a world of your own that is not the norm. for me, that is a day well written

cheers
Start your own introduction thread :)