Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

NaNo 2011 Progress! (1 Viewer)

moderan

WF Veterans
You slept? How did you arrange that? And can I get a volume discount?
Did 1200 or so today before I had to take time out for RL.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I'd happily give you a discount if I could! I had to give up my evening and get ready for bed before getting the kids ready for bed. Then when I went up there to tuck them in I just tucked me in, too.

Hopefully I'll get a few more words down here in a few mins. I've been doing mostly housework today. whee. Wish it seemed like I actually got something accomplished.

chongjasmine

I just started joining yesterday, and I am aiming to hit at least 20k by the end of November. I am targeting myself to write at least 2000 words a day.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Weekend plus a newsletter that I have to do every month has completely thrown me out of nano again. I'm really don't see me getting across the finish line with all 50,000 words this year.

Oh well.

Tiamat

Patron
I've been a huge Nano failure the last few days because I decided I could have a social life one night, and spent the following day recovering from that--and there wasn't even alcohol involved! Need to squeeze in at least 3300 words today to catch up. Here's hoping...

Tiamat

Patron
This is the first day off I've had in several weeks, and by that I mean no jury duty, no major household chores, and no boyfriend to interrupt. I scrawled out 4100 words (possibly a personal best for me) and now I'm back on track. Woot.

moderan

WF Veterans
Weekend plus a newsletter that I have to do every month has completely thrown me out of nano again. I'm really don't see me getting across the finish line with all 50,000 words this year.

Oh well.
I don't think I'm going to make it either. Have 27k left to do in a week and a half with three days of cookery looming.

This is the first day off I've had in several weeks, and by that I mean no jury duty, no major household chores, and no boyfriend to interrupt. I scrawled out 4100 words (possibly a personal best for me) and now I'm back on track. Woot.
Nice. Wish I could say the same.

Was pretty wiped out by a mild flare up. Havn't really done anything the last while, didn't have the energy. Anything that wasn't necessary was just pushed aside and that included Nano. Still got about 10,000 words done, not including the short stories that I wrote for the blog.

Just so tired >.< couldn't go to college most days. It sounds so ridiculous saying I am just too tired but it goes beyond that, getting up and getting dressed and going downstairs leaves me wrecked for hours. Ugh.
Plus side? I now know I can't eat red onions so ...yay?

moderan

WF Veterans
It happens. My illness earlier this year has everything to do with why I won't finish. I do have some terrific copy and will finish eventually. Just not now. Best of luck to those of you who are still on it.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I do have some terrific copy and will finish eventually.
Nano's over for me. The Thanksgiving holiday was the end to any hope I might still have had. Still, like you, Mod, I like the way my novel's going and I intend to plug away even if it's just 500 words a day till it's done. Then I want to spend the time and edit and revise till I think it's well told. Then I wonder if it'll get anywhere other than my hard drive. :p

Tiamat

Patron
I just validated my novel. After three attempts, I finally won a Nano. When I thought about all the people I'd deliberately ignored this month in order to find the time to write, I told myself I was finishing if it killed me. Fortunately I finished and I'm still alive. :)

This beast is going to need a massive overhaul whenever I get around to editing it though. I did a rather commendable (or perhaps condemnable) amount of word padding. :p

Sunny

WF Veterans
I just validated my novel. After three attempts, I finally won a Nano. When I thought about all the people I'd deliberately ignored this month in order to find the time to write, I told myself I was finishing if it killed me. Fortunately I finished and I'm still alive. :)

This beast is going to need a massive overhaul whenever I get around to editing it though. I did a rather commendable (or perhaps condemnable) amount of word padding. :p

That's awesome! Good job. You should go and celebrate for sure, you definitely deserve it! :champagne:

Maybe my year will be next year. :0)

moderan

WF Veterans
Nano's over for me. The Thanksgiving holiday was the end to any hope I might still have had. Still, like you, Mod, I like the way my novel's going and I intend to plug away even if it's just 500 words a day till it's done. Then I want to spend the time and edit and revise till I think it's well told. Then I wonder if it'll get anywhere other than my hard drive. :p
Mine's going to a blog. I've already started editing what copy I have. Not going to get myself into any wordcount traps, will just do when it feels right. Nano this year was freeing in that I managed to bypass all of my old can't-miss, this-will-make-me-write little self-deceptions. I out-stubborned myself. *throws up hands* Just could not consistently kindle the needtowrite that I've always been able to tap into before. Then when I didn't have time to write, I almost felt relieved, and so avoided writing that I avoided the nano site and started getting mad at the newsletters that come into my inbox. Grrr!
Man, people are funny.
I'd still really like to see the back of this novel as it's been bothering me for a while now.

You should bask in the finishedness. Congratulations!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I'd like to see that blog when you get it set up, Mod. I have a new blog hopefully coming up in the new year as well.
I'd still really like to see the back of this novel as it's been bothering me for a while now.
It might be negative motivation but it's still motivation. Write it so you can see the backside of it.
I just validated my novel. After three attempts, I finally won a Nano.
Absolutely awesome Tiamat! Definitely edit that beast and keep working on it.
I did a rather commendable (or perhaps condemnable) amount of word padding.
Yeah but that'll make editing easier. :D Cut, slash, burn, repeat. Giggle out loud because suddenly there's no word count to meet.
Maybe my year will be next year.
Go for it, Sunny! I know you can do it.

moderan

WF Veterans
I'd like to see that blog when you get it set up, Mod. I have a new blog hopefully coming up in the new year as well.

It might be negative motivation but it's still motivation. Write it so you can see the backside of it.

I shall, but I'm not in a hurry. Would love to see your blog as well. And I'll have more blogs, which will be occupying my working time for the month. The ezine blog, the webcomic blog, the novel blog. The day-to-day journal blog (though I'm kinda meh about blogging). The blog here needs some attention too. I think putting the blogroll on it would be a start.
And...blog blog blog yadda yadda.

moderan

WF Veterans
lol
[ot]Mostly cutting and pasting stuff, which is kinda surreal in that volume. [/ot]
I did actually "pen" a few new words today. I'm at 31k. So, yes, it is a complete nanofail. I could do 19k in a day but I don't think that's going to happen this time around.

Terry D

Retired Supervisor

This is one of the best posts I've read about 'real life' writing. Foxee, you've summed up my (writing) life in just 75 words! :coffeescreen: