Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

n00b! (1 Viewer)

damselfly

So I'm a n00b to this forum, but definitely not with writing. My name is Mae and it has been a while since I wrote something, simply because. Perhaps it was more time then or teenage angst, I don't really know.

What I do know is that I miss writing - heaps. If only it wasn't so difficult to start again now. I guess I started realizing how much I needed to get back into it when I started finding it difficult to express myself, even when it came to just deep conversations with friends. It was frustrating as all hell.

Anyway, I talk a lot as well (obviously). Back when I used to write more regularly, it was more poetry. Still a big fan of poetry, but not too keen on writing it anymore. I probably won't be penning anything as of yet, but I'm definitely interested in reading what everyone has to offer in hopes for some inspiration.

My life in a nutshell: I left home at 15 (probably around the same time I stopped writing) and I've moved around quite a fair bit. I'm a university student and I went from studying journalism to economics and now finance with english. I know, very random. I guess it took me a while to understand what I wanted to do. Finance still isn't something I want to do, but I'm sticking it out and I have plenty of reasons for that but one would be I'm mature enough now to know that there are things in life I NEED to do and hopefully will be time later for me to do what I want to do.

So, am very excited to be here. Sorry for the ramblings. Wasn't exactly sure what to say. Can't wait to read your work and get to know you guys.

I can be real corny and childish sometimes, but I suppose anything makes me happy.

LOL, I guess you can say that teenage angst is definitely out of the system (makes sense I guess, I'm already 20) But that doesn't make me a lover of pink and rainbows. Just less angsty.

Hello everyone! :)

Shinn

Hello there and let me welcome you to Writing Forums, Mae. I hope you will enjoy being here, and you will learn lots of new things! :)

~ Shinn

damselfly

Hey guys! :) Thanks for the welcome, am glad to be here. I chose a ridiculous time to start with a forum because it's exam period - but I see this as a good type of distraction. :p