Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Myst (1 Viewer)

I've only just started reading the trilogy, but I was hoping to be able to initiate a conversation with anyone else who's read it, or others who are reading it. From what I have so far, I find it interesting, with a similar pace and rhythm that I found in Memoirs of a Geisha, with that attention to the more fine detail without losing the pace of the book itself.

cacafire

I started reading the book of D'ni a looong time ago. I got bored with it and it's still in the attic somewhere. I should probably start reading it again, as when I read it I was about 10. So it's been six years. Yeah... I think I'll see if I can find it. Let me know what you think about it, ok?

-Cacafire

journyman161

Um... you do know there is a series of PC games to go with it...? Myst, Riven & Exile? Myst was a ground-breaker when it came out & unlike most computer games, was still selling for almost full price 3 years after release.

It isn't one of your juvenile shoot-everything-in-sight games; you actually have to figure out what is going on & work your way through a world.

Read the book then play the game!

I know it's a game, but I prefer to stay away from games these days...they drag me in to where I never do anything else. So I'm just sticking with the book.

PamHKyle

the games are SUPER addictive, lol.
The books are a nice read, though, if you're into that kind of fantasy genre. I only finished them because of the background they gave to games, i'm not to keen on elaborate world-building epics.