Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My SALES RESULTS from 2020 (and earlier) (1 Viewer)

Mikeyboy_esq

CRUNCHED THE NUMBERS [FONT=&Verdana]for my first 50 months as an author, and below are a few observations about last year's results:
[/FONT]
1. 2020 was a mixed bag for my (nonfiction) book sales... April was a record low (21), but December was a record high (251). This compares to my overall monthly average of 78 sales.
2. Sold 998 copies in 2020, which is 2 shy of my goal. But under the circumstances, I can't complain.
[FONT=&Verdana]3. Amazon ads typically result in 1/3rd of my annual sales and either break even or cost a little more than they earned. In 2020, these ads produced 45% of annual sales, but cost a whopping $800 more than they earned. Ouch!
[/FONT]
4. In-person sales at speaking events usually account for 5 to 10% of my annual sales, but that dried up when Covid hit. Since then, my author talks are online only (meaning no more back of the room sales).
5. Covid gut-punched one of my books, but boosted sales of another. Afterwards, the rejuvenated book went on to have its best year ever and accounted for 84% of my sales in 2020. Yippee![FONT=&Verdana]

If anyone is curious, the chart below summarizes my monthly book sales since Nov. 2016.
Book Sales by Month_2016 thru 2020.jpg

How were your book sales in 2020?
[/FONT]