Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My Prose Poem Published (A Fall Through the Internet) (1 Viewer)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Congratulations, Pamelyn! I read your Prose Poetry and thought it was such a unique twist on relationships and how emotions can be so powerful, even just on the screen of your computer... I think it heightens the emotions when all you have are words... that came across in your poem, and the loss of someone never met, is still a loss and still painful... anyway, this was so well written and creatively unique ;) You are on a rollllll! I hope you take a moment and enjoy your success....you have earned it! Thank you for sharing your exciting news...

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
Thank you, Firemajiic, for your kind words. Yes, relationships in person as well as online can result in strong feels and difficult losses when they end. I once had a great friend I absolutely adored and one night dreamed this person was coming to my home. In the dream I was so excited, waiting for his arrival. Then the doorbell rang, I opened it . . . Standing there in my doorway was . . . a giant email message!

ritudimrinautiyal

Better Than Starbucks published my “A Fall Through The Internet” and selected it as one of their Featured pieces. I also got a note from a reader who called it “wonderful and poignant.” (It’s so nice when a stranger takes the time to let us know our work’s appreciated.) See my piece at https://www.betterthanstarbucks.org/experimental-prose-form-poetry
I loved it Pam. Though we initially start with just typing our own thoughts weaved around our emotions, sentiments, imagination; it just doesn't stay casual, and it's a hard time realising it in the middle of the stream and you don't have any escape route but learn to deal with the flow.

Heartiest congratulations. Keep writing Dear.