Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My name is Terra ... (1 Viewer)

Terra

I’ve been researching various online places to learn and grow as a writer and this forum has quite a good feel to it, plus it’s very active which so many other sites are not. I consider myself to be an amateur writer and would very much like to expand my skills, and make friends who share the same passion as I do ... to write, and write, and then write some more.

RHPeat

Met3 Group Leader
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Terra

Jump in, even if the water is over your head. It's the best way to learn in a workshop with contemporaries. There are many good workshops here for what might be your interests in writing. And many willing people to help on your journey. Those that seek the doorways to the voice will be heard. So keep right on writing and you will get the feedback that will be helpful to you. Just remember not to follow any "one" but to listen to all, only then follow yourself into the darkness to find your own center. Writing will illuminate your inner eye. So just keep doing it. Make the time and the space to keep doing it today, that's where you start. Make the time consistent even if it's just sitting an thinking, but try to write each day. And aways be the writer know matter what you're writing even if it's a shopping list. Be creative! It is a way of life; that is to your liking as your own. It's always your path.

a poet friend
RH Peat

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Terra, welcome! We try very hard to be friendly and helpful to all who are interested in learning the craft of writing and improving those skills. I hope you find what you need here and will join in on many discussions, plus share your knowledge with us. :)

Tiamat

Patron
Hey Terra and welcome! You joined for the exact same reason I did all those years ago. I think it's a pretty awesome place and I hope you do too. :)

Terra

Nice to ‘meet’ you Darren .... I dabble in poetry and find fiction a challenge to write which doesn’t stop me from trying. My preference is writing about the meaning behind life experiences, from my perspective at least. I also write erotica and sci-fi fantasy.

Hmmm I thought my reply would be tagged to Darren’s post ... please excuse me during the learning curve of posting.

Terra

Terra

Jump in, even if the water is over your head. It's the best way to learn in a workshop with contemporaries. There are many good workshops here for what might be your interests in writing. And many willing people to help on your journey. Those that seek the doorways to the voice will be heard. So keep right on writing and you will get the feedback that will be helpful to you. Just remember not to follow any "one" but to listen to all, only then follow yourself into the darkness to find your own center. Writing will illuminate your inner eye. So just keep doing it. Make the time and the space to keep doing it today, that's where you start. Make the time consistent even if it's just sitting an thinking, but try to write each day. And aways be the writer know matter what you're writing even if it's a shopping list. Be creative! It is a way of life; that is to your liking as your own. It's always your path.

a poet friend
RH Peat

Ahh I do believe I’ve figured out how to reply specific to individual posts (fingers crossed)

Thank you for your beautiful words of wisdom and encouragement RHPeat ... I left the full-time workforce back in December to pursue life, and writing just happens to be a large part of my life. I write daily, although sometimes it’s just capturing thoughtballs to expand on at a later time.

Terra

Hi Terra, welcome! We try very hard to be friendly and helpful to all who are interested in learning the craft of writing and improving those skills. I hope you find what you need here and will join in on many discussions, plus share your knowledge with us. :)

Thank you for your kind welcome Gumby ... btw Love your profile pic! Now that summer is winding down, outside time is making way for time online and I look forward to getting to know people and the forums here.

Terra

Hey Terra and welcome! You joined for the exact same reason I did all those years ago. I think it's a pretty awesome place and I hope you do too. :)

Hi Tiamat! Thank you! I had intentions of poking around the different forums since my initial post, but sometimes life has a way of saying “Hey you! Me first!”

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Ahh I do believe I’ve figured out how to reply specific to individual posts (fingers crossed)

Thank you for your beautiful words of wisdom and encouragement RHPeat ... I left the full-time workforce back in December to pursue life, and writing just happens to be a large part of my life. I write daily, although sometimes it’s just capturing thoughtballs to expand on at a later time.

Here is a link that might help you.

https://www.writingforums.com/content/471-How-to-answer-multiple-posts

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner

Here is a link that might help you.

https://www.writingforums.com/content/471-How-to-answer-multiple-posts

RHPeat

Met3 Group Leader
Staff member
Senior Mentor

Terra

Everyone needs a new start from time, to time. A good send off is knowing that there is potential awaiting your harvest, yet to be claimed on the adventure. So be active on the boards you participate on. The pay off is relative to your time invested. Listening is your teacher, to finding and maintaining your voice yet to be discovered. Don't mind the thorns on the path and relish the scent amid the blossoms. But most of all savor the good fruit when it comes your way. Many have no idea what grows on their own tree: be attentive to other's eyes. Take the time to share your harvest with everyone else. Everyone has something to share about the craft of pruning. Bounty is found inside self discovery, so love the raven as much as the dove.

a poet friend
RH Peat

Last edited: