Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My Head (1 Viewer)

Mark Hix

Empty when I wake
Rising for the day
Stillness all around
Voices still sound

Laces tied stepping to the path
Walking one foot then the other
Solitude surrounds
Voices still sound

Momentary smile of color
Sparkle of the dew
Quietness pounds
Voices still sound

Adding distance by day
Walking one foot then the other
Alone with my thoughts
Voices still sound.

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
I like this- interesting and fun form. the penultimate lines (stillnes all around-solitude surrounds-quietness pounds-alone with my thoughts) adds flavor and depth to the repetition line. The solitude all around us while the voices in our heads chatter away-- Good job- welcome to the showcase and I hope to see many more of your poems.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Welcome to WF, Mark. I enjoyed this poem and look forward to reading more of your work.