Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My greatest frustration... (1 Viewer)

Davi Mai

... is not being able to read more. My kindle app is full of books I wanna read, but I can't get into. I just don't have the concentration span for more than a few pages at a time.

And so I'm writing without enough reading under my belt. And it probably shows.

Does anyone else find reading to be quite a challenge? And yet you can hammer a load of bollocks into your keyboard, for much longer than you can just sit still and READ?

dither

WF Veterans
Lol! Concentration span, or rather lack of, yet another T-shirt in my imaginary collection.
Maybe you just need to find the right genre. I didn't think there was a right genre for me but I found one, and, although I haven't been able to visit local libraries because of this pandemic, I can get so into a book that the house could collapse around that I might not notice until dust began to settle on the page that I was reading.

Hammering out bllx on my keyboard, now that's a problem for me, believe it or not. There are times when my head is so full of, well, bllx, my mind is reeling that I can't switch on and log in quickly enough, but as soon as I get in front of a keyboard it just evaporates.

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
short story anthology.
get one with a really broad spectrum of writers.
high fantasy doesn't appeal,
flip to who-rewired-the-landing-party.

quick.
lots of bite sized templates to skim
for how'd-they-write-that reference.

saved my life more than once.

audiobooks don't convey punctuation
quite as well.

best,
:)