Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My First Watch Design And Build (1 Viewer)

Monaque

Hi everyone.
I thought I'd post some shots of very first watch design and build. Watchmaking is very much on the side of the arts these days (after all, you have better time telling on your mobile) so thought it wouldn't be a conflict to post watch shots here, especially since I made it myself.

KW4.1_Finished2.jpg

KW4.1_Finished8.jpg

KW4.1_Finished14.jpg

KW4.1_Finished15.jpg

KW4.1_Finished18.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Matchu

It is very impressive and wonderful. You'll have to make four, of course, for the grandchildren and for me.

My Dad made some sticks. I do have my stick :(

Monaque

It is very impressive and wonderful. You'll have to make four, of course, for the grandchildren and for me.

My Dad made some sticks. I do have my stick :(
Thank you, Mat. unfortunately there will only ever be one of those. My next watch though, that may be different. Stick? Do you mean walking sticks?

Terra

This is fabulous! The design is captivating and pings the Starship Captain inside me;) You have great talent! Time pieces fascinate me and I've always admired the ones who have the skills to create them. Very very cool indeed :)

Monaque

This is fabulous! The design is captivating and pings the Starship Captain inside me;) You have great talent! Time pieces fascinate me and I've always admired the ones who have the skills to create them. Very very cool indeed :)
Thank you Terra. There was frustration, but a lot of enjoyment and reward building it. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I'm making another.

Monaque

The final chapter in my watch making journey was to make a box for my watch. Made from Brazilian Kingwood and Katalox, from two pieces of lumber that wouldn't have amounted to anything due to excessive cracks and breakouts. Eventually I came up with this, my Watch Long Box.

watchlongbox_1.jpg

watchlongbox_7.jpg

watchlongbox_10.jpg

watchlongbox_13.jpg

Sorry for the larger images but I thought the box needed some extra exposure. Also there is a new strap made from burgundy Ostrich hide to finish it off.

Thanks for looking.
Kris.