Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My First Submission of Horatian Satire (1 Viewer)

mw1406

"Fast Food Cook Says Food Prep Gloves Are Protecting Him From Germs"

Birmingham, Alabama - Cecile McDilbert, a 19 year old, part time cook at a local fast food restaurant, says he feels immune to food born pathogens while wearing cellophane food prepping gloves.

"I not only wear them while I'm touching all the food, but I also mop the floors, handle cash while pushing buttons on the register, and I even wipe down the restrooms."

McDilbert says he rarely gets sick and he attributes it to the gloves.

"It's like a germ barrier on my hands; allowing me to multi-task without the fear catching something."

At press time we learned that McDilbert's place of employment was under quarantine from what the local health inspector described as, "an aggressive outbreak of E. coli."

End

This is my first contribution to this forum. It is my latest Horatian Satire piece and I'm interested in hearing some feedback on all levels. I know these type articles are a dime a dozen on the internet, but I enjoy writing satire based on things I notice in society. I've seen this behavior occurring in commercial kitchens and sub shops all over place, but nobody seems to point it out. Thanks for reading!

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Oh you did this well,, lol..I will confess I had to google "Horatian satire" [I know what satire is] Soo, this glove thing, I was always afraid that was what was really going on..lol. very nice subject matter, entertaining, witty, amusing and clever! Just wish you had written more. Thanks for the chuckle----I don't think I will be eating out for a loooonnng time.. Peace always...Julia

mw1406

Thanks Julia. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I laughed while I was writing it. There is so much subject matter out there that I could write this sort of stuff all day every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloggsworth: Thanks for reading.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Thanks Julia. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I laughed while I was writing it. There is so much subject matter out there that I could write this sort of stuff all day every day.

Please do!! lol..

- - - Updated - - -