Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

My first Post as a Newbie here. (1 Viewer)

Snowybear

Hello to everyone,

Like all the rest on here I am introducing myself, so here goes.

For many years I have written more out of a need for personal therapy. This included poetry, short stories, technical stuff, etc... Then one day I handed something I had written to a friend and they loved it. That led to a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears to produce my first book.

Not happy with that I decided to rewrite it, mainly because the original version still had some writing I was not happy with. I'd written it when depressed and some of the language shone through as a real depressing read. I am not sure that shone and depressing should be used in the same sentence, but that is open for another discussion. As for the book, I have recently self-published it on Amazon.

I am primarily here to learn more about all things writing and give something back to others who might benefit from my experiences in the past. I have quite an extensive pallet of talents, and am always willing to share them with anyone.

A little about what I do.
1) I'm in my early 50's and very happy in my current relationship of almost 7 years.
2) I worked for 20 years in the IT industry and craved more creativity.
3) I've done photography, drawing, painting, etc... (This helped with the book cover for my first book)
4) I've written a novel, with the second one finished but not completely edited.
5) I like an easy life
6) I've been writing poetry since I was about 8.
7) I like Cats and Polarbears, but necessarily in the same room.
8) I hate emoji's as a way of communication. I wish you could an 8 and ) together without the software changing it to smiley!!!!!!!
9) I work at The National Museum of Computing, Bletchley Park as an educational Guide. On this last point, if anyone is interested in WW2 codebreakers, what went on at Bletchley Park in WW2, Computing since the 1945, I might have an answer for you, so please don't hesitate to ask.

Other than that, it's great to be here.

Last edited:

Snowybear

I know, I loved the irony as well. In hindsight I should clarify the 8th point slightly.

I hate emoji's as a Primary form of communication.

But I take your point, I'll avoid lists

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Snowybear, welcome to WF. Reading your intro, it sounds (or should that be reads?), like your are the type of person who's never bored! :) Congrats on publishing your book on amazon. Once you have made ten posts and become a full member, you can add a link to your Amazon page in your signature.