Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Much more than just thanks (1 Viewer)

ritudimrinautiyal

He calls me anonymous,
In fact calls everyone anonymous.
But comes for help, so selfless.
If I call him Buddha,
he wouldn't like it,
he has a passion for what he does.
We can't ever meet,
so, truthful gentle smiles have no work here.

If I create a few beautiful metaphors,
he would take it as poem and edit it.
So helpless I am, looking for something,
much more than just thanks, as gratitude,
And till now I haven't found any.

Ritu Dimri Nautiyal

Last edited:

ritudimrinautiyal

Hello,

This is a lovely piece. I can’t see anything wrong with it

Cheers

Syd

Thanks Syd. You never see wrong in anything, but you definitely try to make things better. For that you put efforts on them, which is highly commendable.
I am glad you liked it.

Good luck
Ritu

happy-hippie

He calls me anonymous,
In fact calls everyone anonymous.
But comes for help, so selfless.
If I call him Buddha,
he wouldn't like it,
he has a passion for what he does.
We can't ever meet,
so, truthful gentle smiles have no work here.
If I create a few beautiful metaphors,
he would take it as poem and edit it.
So helpless I am, looking for something,
much more than just thanks, as gratitude,
And till now I haven't found any.

Ritu Dimri Nautiyal
This is very nice, Ritu.

Annie. Marie

I find that I experience the same feeling that this poem represents in the situation of being next to someone so kind and selfless, that gratitude is hard to show. So you're just left almost feeling guilty about how much this person has given you, even though they most likely don't give it a second glance.

The only edit I would recommend is break up L10 and L11 so the poem will be two stanzas. The last three lines help wrap it up nicely.

-Annie

ritudimrinautiyal

I find that I experience the same feeling that this poem represents in the situation of being next to someone so kind and selfless, that gratitude is hard to show. So you're just left almost feeling guilty about how much this person has given you, even though they most likely don't give it a second glance.

The only edit I would recommend is break up L10 and L11 so the poem will be two stanzas. The last three lines help wrap it up nicely.

-Annie

Felt glad that you too related to that. I would definitely love to incorporate your suggestions, actually I just wrote it randomly, just expressing what I was going through.

Thanks and good luck.

Ritu