Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

mother (2) (1 Viewer)

dannyboy

Friends of WF
We, returned from shopping,
sit at the laminated table.
No one else home
mother mine in time
as we ping shelled peas into a saucepan.
Too soon I hear
the squeak of the side gate
and catch mother’s eyes
our hands paused
treasuring a moment
lost as the backdoor opens and slams shut.
School bags hit the floor –
fragments like flies in resin,
amber beads linking her and me
even as events forever separate us.

apple

WF Veterans
You are always so adept at making me see the moments. Not only that, but the feeling of the air. Loved your poem.

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
That anticipation is so relatable. I know it. It's like until that dreaded moment, time stands still, and live is captured in a temporary bubble.

dannyboy

Friends of WF
TYhanks you for the responses to this and the first mother. Little pictures are popping into my head, mother and me, sisters and me, brothers and me, father and me etc. I plan to capture them and then see, a poetic family album?

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
It is lovely. A family album would be neat. In my family, we all sometimes share these little moments and each one has their own fragments in resin, treasures and snapshots in time.