Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Members' Published Books - FAQ - Please read (1 Viewer)

Today we're introducing a new Forum on WF as a perk to engaged members of our community who have published.

WF_Logo_2colorOptions-02_opt.png

We encourage you to browse books in this forum and try out the genres you enjoy. It's a great way for our members and authors alike to support each other and learn more about each other.

What are the requirements to post my book on this forum?
1. You must be either a Friend of Writing Forums, a Financial Supporter, or a Financial Patron.
2. You must have been an active member for at least three months.
3. You must have a Reaction score of at least 50.
4. Your book must be for sale on Amazon.com or another recognized book publishing outlet.

If you qualify:
1. Drop down the menu from your User Name at the top of this page.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Scroll down until you see "Members' Published Books.
4. Check the box for "I'd like to feature my book(s) in the WF Bookstore
5. Return to this Forum. You'll now have a green "Post thread" button across from the forum name.

Do we have to be a site-contributor? Isn't that "Pay for Play?"
No, it isn't. This is a perk for engaged community members. We don't want "fly by nights" swooping in only to post their products while contributing nothing to the community. That's why we've established a minimum membership period and a Reaction score ... it proves that the author is participating in WF, not just using it as another place to promo.

How do I add my book(s) to the WF Bookstore?
If you meet the requirements, simply follow the instructions below to create a post for your publication. If you don't meet the requirements, a Moderator will contact you to let you know what you're missing.

First of all, you need to go to your Profile > Preferences. In the Preferences, you scroll down to "Members' Published Books" And tick the box that says "I'd like to feature my book(s) in the WF Bookstore"

Once you have permission to enter:
  1. Select the green button, Post thread.
  2. A template will appear that will guide you through the minimum requirements.
  3. You are free to include additional information, such as your author picture, your "About the author" info, and anything else you'd like to say to members about your book or your desire to interact.
  4. You should have a link to the Amazon product page for your book (or other link showing publication), and you may have a link to an Author page if you desire (Amazon author page, Goodreads author page, your website, etc.).
  5. There are Genre Prefixes to tag your thread with. Their use is mandatory. Please find the most appropriate Genre Prefix and use it/them. You can choose up to three.
  6. If you are posting a series, please include each book as a reply to the original post. Information about the procedure to add additional books to a series can be found below. (Note: In this case, you may want to initially post the books in the series in reverse order. Think about it.)
My post didn't appear immediately, why?
All posts in this forum are moderated. As soon as an Admin or Moderator sees your new post, they will look it over and then approve it (or reject it if it doesn't fulfil the requirements).

I can't add to my thread, why?
Threads in this forum have replies turn off, so that someone can't continually bump their book thread to the top of the list. That wouldn't be fair to the rest of our authors.

Last edited: