Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Meh. (1 Viewer)

B

Boxtop

Hello. I'm Boxtop.

I originally came here to ask of a request. You can read that post, "Interview", in the Lounge.

Anyway, one of my hobbies (or lack thereof) is writing, and I write only when I feel like I can come up with something good (otherwise, I pretty much suck at it.) When I do write, however, I tend to write absurdist humor, since I found randomness funny; my current story is about a pirate kid named Hardy who goes off on an adventure to stop some zombies from stealing the world's cheese.

I think I misused that semicolon.

Sometimes I also write fanfiction, but only when I'm trying to be funny. And on the off days that I do write non-funny fanfiction, I tend to create my own characters instead of using the stock ones. To me, it's kind of like using a template. Only...not.

I've also been taking a Creative Writing course at my community college, but it hasn't really helped me much.

(sudden gear change) This forum seems pretty active compared to the other writing forum I frequent, called Authors by Design. I hope I don't get axed.

- Boxtop

PS: The head in my avatar is a caricature of me, drawn by...well...me.

PPS: The topic is called "Meh" because that's my attitude to most things in life, aside from "GRRR" and "WHY ME". Also it's because I can't change the topic title.

PPPS: Also, since I like random humor, I tend to try and be funny and light-hearted, but then most people will find me annoying. If you find me annoying, please tell me so I know I should act normal.

Last edited by a moderator: