Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Meet Me in the Silence (1 Viewer)

My favorite poem of the day. I literally felt in my chest those moments that you mentioned. Just before something is said, or when two people can just settle and sink into each others beings without their words getting in the way. That silence can also be very telling about how you feel about the person (comfortable vs awkward).
Excellent.

-Annie
Thank you so much Annie. Marie

It's feels great when someone gets something or understands what you write. I am very grateful you took the time to leave a comment.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
This has the potential to be a fabulous poem... You have some exquisite lines but they are lost in poetry clutter... Edit and let the essence of your message be heard and appreciated... sometimes less is more.... thank you for sharing... ;)

This has the potential to be a fabulous poem... You have some exquisite lines but they are lost in poetry clutter... Edit and let the essence of your message be heard and appreciated... sometimes less is more.... thank you for sharing... ;)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and critique my poem. I appreciate your encouragement and advice. I've been thinking about how to trim it and tighten the structure(advice from another poster). I'm going to take a break and come back to it with fresh eyes and see what I can do.

OFF TOPIC: I've been reading your poetry thread. Nice stuff. I'm slow to understand poetry...it takes me awhile but I actually see some things in your selections that I really get...I am up to page 9.

Thanks again for the advice.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
I am so glad you are enjoying my poems of inspiration ;) If you have a poem that you would like to share, please feel free to post it there... when I am feeling better, I hope to start posting more poems ... one excellent way to understand poetry, is to read, read and read poetry... it is like... fine tuning your poetic ear ;)