Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Margeret Weis and Tracy Hickman - The Death Gate Cycle (1 Viewer)

k3ng

One of my favourite collections. Anyone else read this before? I really like the approach to magic, as opposed to most other books.

Londongrey

I read these years ago and loved them, I still reread them now.

I liked the magic part aswell, the mystery around the magic of the two demi-God races. Albert I just loved as a character.

I always wanted to be one of the elves who kept the souls. Simplistic yet so vivid.

They made the right things normal, and the right things magic. It didn't ever seem silly or ridiculous. Necromancy, now the description of the living dead in these books really did give me the creeps.

k3ng

I love Albert too :D

And somehow the names Sartan and Patryn sound so cool.

I especially liked the dwarves in Dragon Wing. Gegs...

Unknown

I adored Haplo. It's not a real classical hero (he isn't sensitive enough for that) but he does have the heroic feeling for saving the weaker ...
I've never been more committed to a character in a book than to him.

And Albert was a cool character too. I find Weis and Hickman have many cool characters in all their books. Their dialogues are very good too, don't you think? They can be really funny and always fluently.

Did you read 'The rose of the Prophet' and 'The darksword trilogy'?