Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Manuscript Submission Question (1 Viewer)

Teri

I have sent the query letter, was asked for a synopsis and first three chapters of my first novel to a literary agent. She emailed me last week stating that "she loved my story and wants my entire manuscript". My question is - should I send a cover letter or just the title page and manuscript? I'm really stressing over this and need some help!!
Thanks!

mammamaia

wrong place for this, but i'll answer it anyway...

first of all, who's the agent?... are you sure she's legit?... have you checked her out thoroughly?... if you don't want to mention who it is in public, you can email me and i'll let you know what i can find on her among my sources...

if she is, of course you should send a very brief cover letter, stating that the ms was requested and by whom... most agents have other people open the mail and send it to whoever it should go to in the agency, so the mail room clerk won't know what the heck to do with the ms if you don't add a cover letter...

welcome to the forum and let me know if i can be of any help with anything, ok?...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

ps: you should delete that duped thread...

Linton Robinson

You should always include a cover letter with anything. It not only identifies the piece, it should bring people up to speed on who you are, what it is, etc.

Teri

wrong place for this, but i'll answer it anyway...

first of all, who's the agent?... are you sure she's legit?... have you checked her out thoroughly?... if you don't want to mention who it is in public, you can email me and i'll let you know what i can find on her among my sources...

if she is, of course you should send a very brief cover letter, stating that the ms was requested and by whom... most agents have other people open the mail and send it to whoever it should go to in the agency, so the mail room clerk won't know what the heck to do with the ms if you don't add a cover letter...

welcome to the forum and let me know if i can be of any help with anything, ok?...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

ps: you should delete that duped thread...

Teri

manuscript submisusion

Sorry to all that has to tolerate my ignorance to this new site. I obviously didn't do enough homework before posting my question. Thank you for your response. I have researched on the web my agency and agent and they are legit. I also have searched Amazon.com to reafirm that their list of clients have books on sale. Thanks for the suggestion. I have already drafted a very short cover letter and will be sending my MS tomorrow. Thanks and wish me luck.

PS - I have no idea how to delete my duplicate post - so please help with that before I get another "fussing at"!!

mammamaia

'fussing at'?!?... is that what you call 'wrong place for this'?... if so, i hope you never have to experience a real 'fussing'! [lol]

you'll have to ask the admin to delete the post... can't be done by the poster, sorry to say... but meanwhile, you can at least delete the contents, so no one will add replies in the duped thread... you do that by clicking on the 'edit' button in your post and then just highlighting and deleting the contents...

love and hugs, maia

Triquediqual

Congratulations, finding the best place for writing is the hard part, publishing it is the toughest.

Welcome to the forums!

Triquediqual ---> Resident Genius.