Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Mais, c'est pas ma faute... (1 Viewer)

LolitaFromSpace

Today I woke up,
soaked up the sun
--ruined those egg yolks.
Nothin' got done.

I did lotsa things.
A vying of will
against needs;
my whims, "please, please, please!"

Nothin' got done.
Damn! That black-hole of fun.
I need to succeed, yet
my will, it's fighting,
"me, me, me!"

I wrote this in purple pen because that is my favorite color. But purple font hurts my eyes. :)

blazeofglory

I understand your whimsical notes. I may sound sardonic. Not at all and as a matter of fact this is exactly the kind of poetry I want written and read and I choose to mimicry your voice since there is a tinge of something that tingles me deeply.

Vitaly Ana

WF Veterans
Hi Lolita,

I like this a lot. You have some great internal rhyme, a consistency of theme and character. Overall, you did a very nice job.

I would suggest a couple of things. On S2 last line perhaps space out the "please, please, please"

On S3 I wouldn't include the last line. I would replace it, perhaps with something like:

my will, it fights
it's own will"

Or something to the effect of the will or the self against itself. Or perhaps a paralyzed will.

In any case, well done!!

:)

LolitaFromSpace

I understand your whimsical notes. I may sound sardonic. Not at all and as a matter of fact this is exactly the kind of poetry I want written and read and I choose to mimicry your voice since there is a tinge of something that tingles me deeply.

thankyou!
im glad to tingle your brain. :)

LolitaFromSpace

Hi Lolita,

I like this a lot. You have some great internal rhyme, a consistency of theme and character. Overall, you did a very nice job.

I would suggest a couple of things. On S2 last line perhaps space out the "please, please, please"

On S3 I wouldn't include the last line. I would replace it, perhaps with something like:

my will, it fights
it's own will"

Or something to the effect of the will or the self against itself. Or perhaps a paralyzed will.

In any case, well done!!

:)

thankyou!! I appreciate your critiques :)

for the s2 suggestion you mean stack them? like
"please,
please,
please!"

i like paralyzed will. although i thought the "me" could have the dual meaning and effect of myself/itself and that mememe selfishness to always have its way. gah now idk! i need to think more on it. :)