Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Lunar Park review (1 Viewer)

Cipher2

Lunar Park

Book review

[FONT=&quot]Well I have finished Lunar Park and I now know what a Terby is and more about the author than I expected to be exposed to although how much is autobiography and how much is fiction is unclear and even though I was touched by the words on the final page I found the horror elements cliché and sub-King(and that for a detractor of King is poor) yet despite that there was enough humour and humanity to pull me through and the horror was more metaphorical and I have been a fan of Ellis for whatever reason and this move away from stream of consciousness seems to be continuing from Glamorama even though characters like Clayton make a return so if you haven’t read the earlier books you will be confused about this but on the whole it works and even in places manages to almost create tension I never experienced in the other earlier books though if you are not an Ellis fan the use of characters from previous books might confuse you and the autobiography might seem irrelevant.

16/20
[/FONT]

strangedaze

I read the first hundred pages, then put it away. I'll get into it later. I remember thinking that he should have just made it autobiographical, through and through, instead of jerking off with the supernatural shit. I found the first forty or so odd pages, about how he hit the big time, really really interesting. I'm a huge bee fan, so I'll finish LP sometime in the future.

Avarice

yeah i agree with daze, when he describes sneaking bunsen burners onto planes to smoke heroin its really shocking, even though its probably not true. When he goes on about a flying bird, not so cool, the first part of the book is the best, when he shows what humanity has become. Not a pink fucking house with foot prints.

Users who are viewing this thread