Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Looking For Software (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLSmyth

I have written a novelette for my five year old granddaughter. I previously wrote a six piece story for her where I sent her a chapter a week for six weeks (because of covid I am not able to see her, so for now I am sending these to her). I used Photoshop to print pages 2 and 3 on one side, then 1 and 4 on the other. This was doable but, as you might imagine, a bit unwieldy.

The novelette has 15 chapters and I am guessing that each will take about 2 pages (8 sides) of 8.5x11" in landscape mode to print. I can go back to using Photoshop to do this, but again, it is rather unwieldy.

Can anyone suggest software that might be able to help me with this? I would like to be able to drop a chapter into the software and have it print 8 pages (2 sheets of paper) in landscape mode. I use this side because I am able to mail it to her.

Thanks for your ideas -

george

apocalypsegal

You could probably do this with Word (or one of the free equivalents. Set page size, orientation, margins. Type the book in (or copy/paste from another file). Fiddle with it until it looks good. Then when printing, set it to do odd pages, flip and reorient depending on your printer, print the even pages on the back. You can do a cover in Photoshop, or a program called Canva, which is free.

There are some things set up for self publishers, like Book Wright, which might do this easier. I haven't really looked into it, but I'm pretty sure the software is free, but getting a book printed through them would cost.

Also, if you can set up a PDF, sites like Lulu, Blurb and Barnes & Nobel Print can do personal copies, but again, there's a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.