Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Looking for opinions on this story idea.... (1 Viewer)

JJBuchholz

The following idea popped into my head one night after watching an episode of Ancient Aliens. It takes place in my 'Temporal Flux' series that
is set in the 27th Century:

The main character, Agent Six from the T.E.B. (Temporal Enforcement Bureau) is conducting research on the ancient structures and construction
techniques at the mountain fortress of Ollantaytambo, Peru. While studying the area, he comes across something strange. A shuttle craft from
the TEB is found buried in the mountainside, and has been there for thousands of years.

The shuttle turns out to be a duplicate of his own craft, and there are signs that aliens and a UFO were involved as well. No temporal incursions
are found, but the strange energy patterns present also explain the construction of the fortress (as theorized in the AA episode). Past and present
day Ollantaytambo start to intersect as the time lines break down, with a yet unnamed event culminating in the restoration of time/space, as well
as new information being revealed to the TEB.

Thoughts?

-JJB

Lawless

I think it's a very interesting idea and perfectly suitable for creating an awesome story. But I'm an SF fan, so much of SF sounds cool to me. ;-)

JJBuchholz

I think it's a very interesting idea and perfectly suitable for creating an awesome story. But I'm an SF fan, so much of SF sounds cool to me. ;-)
Thank you!

Believe it or not, it's tough coming up with ideas for this series. Even though it's based on time travel and whatnot, I really have issues
when it comes to new story ideas for the series. I'm trying to make sure that every new story in the series makes sense and gives the
reader a sense of resolution at the end of them, while also evolving character arcs at the same time.

-JJB